Curious & Beautiful 2009

By sending out the email for creating the action list for 2009, I got amazing responses from friends, family, and colleagues! Many people want to learn a new language but don't have the time, some want to learn a new instruments but have little motivation, and most people want to be fit and healthy but have not been serious about it. After receiving some of the emails, I realized that we have been making excuses to not do the things that we really want to do and this is a great opportunity to share the actions that we would like to take and form a partnership in taking these actions!

Mariola gave me a great idea to create a theme for my 2009 actions - so I am stealing her idea! The theme that I would like to create is being curious and beautiful for 2009! Being curious means experiencing new things, people, and my own boundaries, and being beautiful means being physically fit, mentally peaceful, and challenged intellectually which means beautiful inside and out! How do I achieve being curious and beautiful? Here are some things that I would like to have, be completed, and experienced by the end of 2009 that are inspiring and fun for me!

1. I would like to complete at least one piano lesson and learn how to read music notes again by the end of 2009. After I shared this with friends, I found three other friends that are interested in the same thing and two of them will sign up to a piano course in Sacramento with me. Andrew is the third person that is interested in learning piano, so we bought each other the exact same electric piano for Christmas!!! Learning piano will be part of my beautification process!

2. I would like to be able to run 10K by next Thanksgiving! I will start training for the 10K in Januray so I can join the Thanksgiving run in Sacramento. I am sure this is the best way to get into shape physically and will be a great challenge for my mind! (I can't even run a mile without stopping right now so this one will be very interesting... )

3. I would like to attend at least 5 concerts, Broadway shows, and/or drama by the end of 2009. I have always enjoyed going to these events, committing to do it 5 times this year will make me very happy! It will be awesome!

4. I would also like to cook at least 3 times out of a week and avoid coffee and carbonated drinks completely! Home cooked meals have always been my favorite but I just need to invest more time in making that happen for our household!!! Besides, most of my friends are great cooks, finding excuses to learn a few impressive dishes will be a lot of fun!

5. I also would like to start golfing again. Jim bought me some really nice clubs after the old ones were stolen. I would like to play at least 10 games in 2009! This will be an easy one to find partners!

6. There are about 10-15 books in our house that I started reading but never finished in the last two years and I would like to complete reading all of them. I would also like to learn and familiarize myself with the Great Depression by utilizing library resources! I will post reviews on the books when I complete each one.

7. This last one will be the hardest one to keep. I would like to quit being late for appointments, meetings, classes, and parties so that I am not wasting other people's time.

By sharing these actions that I am taking, it places these thoughts and wishes into reality for me. I am now accountable for my words! I am excited that I have found friends as partners for my 2009 actions through sharing. Hopefully I can help to pair up other people's interests and goals for the upcoming year! It's going to be a busy year but I am looking forward to my curious and beautiful 2009!

No comments: