Creating 2009

Many of you have received the letter that I sent out two weeks ago and I have gotten great responses. Here's the letter if you haven't had the opportunity to look at it.

Dear friends and family,
I am writing to invite you to play a game with me for 2009! I had a roller coaster ride in 2008 and I am looking forward to a great and awakened 2009! You know how the New Year's resolution hardly ever come true for most of us? So this year, instead of making a wish list that doesn't come true, I want to put a list together that's called 2009 action list!

I am inviting you to write down something that you would like to do or have happen in 2009. It cannot be something that you know that you can accomplish but it has to be a list of things that you will enjoy doing that will also take your commitment. By commitment I mean it is not going to be "reasoned" out of existence due to your circumstances. For example, if you are committed to quit smoking, you are quitting and there's no ifs, ands, and buts! that kind of commitment! it can't be a maybe tomorrow, maybe next week thing. So, this is going to be a list of actions that you are committed in doing in 2009. You list it out and we support each other in making the list happen! You'll need to be specific and have a timeline attached to each action,taking a foreign language - you'll have to say which language and when you are going to register for the course.be healthy - you will have to specify how and what actions you are going to take. Cook for yourself at least three times a week instead of once a week. Exercise two times a week instead of two times a month, etc.be there for your spouse/significant other/family - You'll put down how many additional days or hours you will commit to being with them instead of just declaring the action.

I will post these commitments on my blog without the names and we can support each other in making these happen for 2009! Please email me the list of actions by the end of next week, put some thoughts into it and I look forward to see your list of actions! I will share mine on the blog. I love you and have a very Merry X'mas and very Happy New Year!

Anny

No comments: