Boracay

Jim was in town for about ten days and we visited Boracay during the low season.. The trip was only about an hour and half away from Manila, but the difference was unmistakable.  The plane flew over the white sand beach and the clear blue ocean before it landed in Caticlan Boracay Airport.  On the Boracay island, we stayed for 4 days and 3 nights, we fed our tummies and roasted our skins!

Boracay is famous for its amazing clear oceans and powdery white sand beach.  The legend is that during the hot sunny summer days, the white sand will remain cool to the touch instead of melting into silicon chips.  What I thought was amazing about Boracay is how many different kind of people the island accommodates and entertains.  There are amazing corals and oceanic creatures for divers.  There is ocean breeze for the wind surfers and para-skiers.  The white sand and calm waves make perfect toys to entertain children.  Party goers have sections of the beach for loud music and cheap drinks and families have quiet sections of the beach for wholesome family gatherings.

I guess Jim and I must be the eating and drinking type.  Jim and I sat by the beach to people watch and lounged on beach chairs whenever the weather permitted.  We quenched our thirst by drinking local beers and kalamansi soda.  When feeding time comes around, we went into town for seafood and other interesting venues such as the Hobbit House and Obama Grill.  And the smartest thing that we did was diving when the rain started!

Boracay was tons of fun and I highly recommend it to anyone who visit the Philippines!  Boracay really opened my eyes of how beautiful Philippines is, I think I will explore the country more than I originally anticipated!!!

No comments: