Two Months

If you only have two months left to live, would you do things differently? What would you stop doing or start doing? Is there someone in your life that you've always wanted to have that conversation with but you are just waiting for the right moment? Will you forgive those who have hurt your feelings and move on or will you take the pain to your grave? Will you say something to the person that you have deeply hurt and impacted? Are you going to celebrate your successes or will you dwell on your failures? What will you say to your love ones? Will you finally admit that your family, friends, and significant other have always loved you? Are you going to forgive yourself for the mistakes that you have made? What will you let go and what are you going to hold onto?

If I only had two months to live, I would acknowledge the many people that have contributed to my life that I have never thanked. I would treasure every moment that I have with people that I love. I would be a different child to my parents, a different sister to my sister, I would be a different wife to my husband, a different friend to my friends, a different person in this world. The question that we should ask ourselves is not "why don't we live like we only have two months left?" The question is "when are we going to realize that we do have a choice in how we live our lives?"

We do have choices in how we live our lives, otherwise, we will not be able shift who we are for others or live a different life after we find out that we only have two months left. So why do we "pretend" that we don't have control over our lives until it's too late? By admitting having choices translates into responsibility.  Being responsible means that we are the only ones that can make our relationships flourish and wither. Being responsible means we are the only ones that make our lives happy and miserable. Being responsible means we have control over our lives and we are the only ones to get to say how it's going to go...

Are you waiting for the announcement that you have only two months left? Or will you pretend that you only have two months so you clean up the past and take charge of your future?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sister, if i had 200 years, i'd still want to be your sister. thank you. Love, a

AC said...

I will do it for another 185 years! :)