Rain drops falling on my head

I have to admit it was a little lonely living in a hotel room waiting for the first day of work.  I have read all that I can for the job, Edward's family had kindly showed me around.  So, on Sunday morning, I decided to be a little adventurous - I walked about three blocks away from the hotel (compared to the usual two blocks) and ended up at the Podium mall.  

After gathering all the necessary supplies, window shopping, and people watching, I found myself standing outside the mall waiting for the rain to subside.  It is rainy season here in the Philippines.  It had rained on and off ever since I have arrived.  "No big deal", I thought, "the rain will stop in no time and the hotel is only three blocks away".  The longer I waited, the harder it rained.  To make it back to meet tita Cely, I bought an umbrella to shield me from the rain.  Little did I know, it was the rain puddles that were going to get me wet.

As I hopped, skipped, bounced, jumped, and leaped over the small and big rain puddles to avoid being splashed by 'recycled' dirty rain water, I noticed that there were so many people doing the same thing.  We were balancing our umbrellas, shopping bags, and purses while focusing and strategizing for the driest route. It was as if all of us were coordinated in a rain dance, and that put a smile on my face...  "If there was a song that goes with this, it would be perfect"- I thought to myself.  Then, there it was, "Raindrops keep falling on my head.....  But there's one thing I know, the blues they send to meet me won't defeat me, it won't be long till happiness steps up to greet me.  Raindrops keep falling on my head, but that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turning red.  Crying is not for me. 'Cause I'm never gonna stop the rain by complaining.  Because I'm free, nothing's worrying me".

No comments: