Thank You

Pilgrimage is a journey to a shrine or a sacred place. My journey back home to see my mother turned into a 'spiritual' quest where I had a lot of "a-ha" moments that have impacted my life and will continue to shape my future. The results of these life changing light bulb incidents are things that I will share over time, but the journey to these insights is what I am about to write and document so I can remember the trip for myself.

As I have written in "Mother Hen", I traveled home to be with my mother and to appease her while she waits for her lab tests. Fortunately for all of us, doctors cleared her of any life threatening issues as a result of the exams. The realization that one day I will have to be responsible for our family was the opening for insights that I have never seen or inquired for myself before. The fear of uncertainty prior to the trip, the conversations that I had with friends regarding past, future, choices, and consequences, the movies that I watched while in Taiwan (Departures, Revolutionary Road, Marley & Me), and all the support from friends and family transformed a trip home into a pilgrimage.

I learned from this trip that when there is uncertainty in life, you should keep an open mind and surround yourself with people who support and challenge your beliefs & thoughts. By doing so, you create an opening for inquiries and possibly pathways that you can take. Being open, generous, and willing to share life actually allow life to present itself in ways that you could not have predicted. On this trip, with the amazing and loving community that I have, I was able to accomplish everything that I set out to achieve and sort out life decisions that I didn't intend or knew that I could complete. I am looking forward to have the results of this journey manifest themselves in my life and being more awake. I want to thank those of you who have contributed to this expedition - for all of your time, support, and love that you have shared on this life changing journey of mine. Thank you...

2 comments:

Farmer said...

Hi Anny, i just finish reading " mother hen ", i understand and agree....my mom have been in "coma" for a few days same years ago after a huge car crash ( better..she was driving a motorcicle and the iranian guy was driving a car...) Aniway, suddenly you understand that mom is like your life foundations, you can't even immagin to leave without them, or you don't think to them, but when suddenly you miss it, you realize how strong is your need of them and your love for them.

And you change, and became more responsable and kind, trying to be more " mom alike " cause mom is the love source that anyone would like to be...cause the satisfation and joy to give someone a smile is unforgettable

AC said...

That's very nice Farmer! :)
it's hard to imagine losing someone so close, isn't it? but it's through these moments that we see life in a different perspective!

thank you for your note!
sending love to you and Kelly from Sacramento!