Friend or Foe?

The past 4 weeks of our 7 months ILP has been amazing because of the teamwork. Our group teamed up and made the impossible happen for one another and I realized that we can accomplish anything if we support each other's commitment and refuse to pad one another in the back until our dreams are fulfilled.

All of my friends are amazing in their own ways. Despite our differences in values, beliefs, and personalities, our commonality is that we all have commitments. Commitments to our relationship, work, family, health, etc. Whether those commitments are declared or not, they are there! I believe that true friends will support one another in fulfilling in those commitments by being honest with one another. I expect my friends to not let me walk out of a restaurant with spinach stuck between my teeth, I expect my friends to keep me honest and grounded, and I also expect my friends to trust me that I have their backs and have good intentions when I remind them of their commitments . Most of the time, we are too polite or too politically correct with what we say to one another and even with our friends. Sometimes, we'll even go as far as lying to our friends so that we don't hurt their feelings. However, by lying to our friends so we seem nice, we are not supporting them to live the life that they love. In that case, are we friend or foe?

No comments: