California~

Exhaustion finally hits me.  Maybe it's the work hours, maybe it's the flights, maybe it's the never ending hunt for a place to live.  I am finally exhausted, zapped, ready to just take a cab back to California.  Or take a cab to the airport then a flight to California....

Since my flights are on the weekend, I have to schedule the housing appointments on weekdays.  The appointments cut into my lunch hours and I have had absolutely no break from the work for two weeks now.  It has been work, house hunting, and travel.  So tonight, when I finished my housing "tour", instead of standing in the traffic-jammed cross street waiting for a taxi, I decided to be a human sized range hood and suck in all the Manila pollution.  I hiked back to my hotel and treated myself to a nice Japanese meal on my way home.

I am frustrated with the house hunting process because all the property owners think that expats have money therefore they should charge more.  I am also frustrated with the expats because they artificially inflate the housing prices when they live in a property that they will never personally pay for but will do so when the company subsidizes 65% of the rental.  Yes, it's naive of me to think that by "standing my ground", I will change something when I am living in an expensive hotel that I will also never pay for myself but will live here in the name of for convenience and safety when the company pays for 65% of it....

Today is my day of exhaustion, I declare.  And today is my day that I miss my non-polluted California air and the quiet and peaceful California night...  Just today and only tonight....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sympathise and empathise with you. Welcome to Asia!