"Lifed"

Apologies for not posting more often and thank you for continuing to read and check on my blog.  During the past few months of not blogging, I got messages from people that I didn't expect who read my blog and complimented the postings, people that I haven't talked to much that followed the blog, and friends & family that supported me in writing.  I want to thank all of you for reading and your comments, keep them coming!

I blog because I want to share what I have learned and experienced and writing things down helps me move forward.  I don't necessarily want to share "positive" experiences, but I want to write about topics that are at least interesting and thought provoking (if I'm lucky).

It has been two and some months since my trip home from Thailand and I have been wanting to write and trying to share but I had no time, no energy, and no inspiration.  Life has been busy and I have been doing life instead of living life.  Yes, I was "lifed" by life and have been struggling to get off that hampster wheel...  Spinning on the hampster wheel faster, slower, harder, lighter didn't make a difference.  As long as I am on that wheel of life spinning, life becomes the master and I the slave.  So, I decided to take life one day at a time.  Not to deal with life but to live my life the way I choose to - one day at a time. 

Instead of cancelling our action-packed weekend because our weekdays were tiring, Jim and I attended all the events over the weekend.  Jim went to the beer fest with his friends, I cooked and we enjoyed dinner at Suzanne's, and we attended the 99th annual Bay to Breakers in San Francisco.  Life became ours again by living it one day at a time the way we choose to... When you are on that hampster wheel, what do you do to get off of it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do the 5S:

1. sleep
2. sex
3. shop
4. swim
5. spa

danielle said...

stay with a friend! :)

but really - quit my job and change my life completely.

AC said...

Danielle, I completely agree! things turn out how they are supposed to at the end! I will definitely consider that!

and staying with a friend really helped!!!